Safe Arrival Guarantee
We guarantee that all the baby chicks you ordered will arrive alive! We package the chicks according to the weather so we are confident of their safe arrival. Mistakes happen and so we will refund or replace any that are lost during shipping.
MailOrderPoultry.com Safe Arrival Guarantee Qualifications:
- We guarantee the amount of chicks, ducks, or guinea fowl you ordered arrive alive. We usually add extra poultry to your order. Our guarantee does not include the extra poultry put into your order, only the amount of poultry you specified on the order. Example: You ordered 15 chicks and 3 do not survive the journey. But, we have included 3 extra in the order as a precaution. We will NOT refund you for the 3 extras that were lost. We go by the total amount of poultry that are left alive and we compare that to the total amount of poultry you ordered. Which means:
- We do not guarantee the quantities of specific breeds you ordered, only the total quantity of chicks in the order. Example: You ordered 5 chicks of 3 different breeds for a total of 15 chicks. We send 3 extra chicks of one breed so you are sent (8) of Breed 1, (5) of Breed 2, and (5) of Breed 3. Unfortunately, 3 chicks of Breed 2 die on the way to your post office. So you are left with (8) of Breed 1, (2) of Breed 2, and (5) of Breed 3. We would not refund or replace the lost chicks since the total amount of chicks you ordered (15) arrived alive and in good shape. This is why we recommend limiting your order to 3 different breeds so you are more likely to end up with some of each.
- We guarantee the chicks for 24 hours after they arrive at your home (if dispute arises over when that was, the USPS tracking number for the order will be used as a basis to determine when the chicks entered into your care.) Typically any losses after 24 hours of time is due to improper temperatures or conditions. (See here for tips on raising poultry) You need to contact us within 48 hours after you’ve received your order of chicks with any losses or issues you had.
If you lose any:
We can refund or replace your chicks by doing the following:
- We can simply refund you the price that you paid per chicks, ducks, guinea fowl keets, or turkey poults. You must meet the qualifications listed above.
- We mail out another minimum order of poultry (or whatever amount of poultry you need replaced) with the cost of the previously lost poultry subtracted from the order total.
We may want to see a photo of the box & chicks upon arrival in order for a refund claim.
A common question is: How do the chicks stay alive without food or water during shipping? Right before they hatch, chicks absorb the yolk of the egg and this gives them the nutrition they need for 2-3 days. This is so the first chicks that hatch in a nest don’t have to leave the nest or the mother to eat or drink until all the chicks are hatched several days later. We use this time to ship the chicks all over the United States! (Except Hawaii). Read more FAQ’s about mail ordering poultry here.
Keets are growing
We lost several of our keets during shipment, due to a snowstorm. However, thanks to excellent customer service and follow-up we received replacement keets in a timely manner. We are very pleased with how well they are growing. Will definitely order from this supplier again.