French Guinea Quantity Discounts (Applied in Cart)
|Up to 49||50-99||100-199||200-300|
Premium day old pearl colored French Guinea fowl keets for sale by mail order.
This supplier is NPIP certified.
Our French Guinea fowl are hardy birds that excel as natural pest control. They will instinctively free range within a five acre area and will eat ticks and weed seeds as they forage around your family farm. They are very watchful and will alert other animals to the presence of predators with their loud cries. This being said, they are noisy birds and maybe you should reconsider owning a flock if your neighbors are some of the high strung type! Our pearl colored French Guineas weigh 2 lbs heavier than your typical Guinea fowl and they have lean, dark meat that tastes similar to pheasants so If your neighbor complains too much about their noise, well, there’s always Plan B!
French Guineas have been selectively bred by the French for generations resulting in a bird more useful for meat production while still retaining the awesome foraging and free ranging characteristics of the traditional guinea fowl. Our pearl French Guinea will weigh 4-5 lbs in 12 weeks whereas the traditional guinea takes even longer to reach a weight of only 3 lbs.
More Facts About Our Pearl Colored French Guinea Fowl Keets
- Our Guinea fowl will weigh 4 lbs in 12 weeks at approximately 3 lbs of feed per 1 lbs of weight gain.
- French Guineas are monogamous so they will mourn and be distraught if you take away their partner. This is something to consider if you are raising them for meat.
French Guineas are nearly impossible to sex so you will be getting a random mix of both genders.
- They will lay 60-100 eggs from March through August. They hide their nests very well so egg gathering is more like a treasure hunt!
- Free ranging Guineas remain almost entirely disease free and are very hardy fowl that do well in any climate once they are fully feathered. They don’t particularly like snow and need a dry shelter to roost that is out of the elements.
- Guineas will instinctively stay within a 5 acre area of where they were raised but they must be released into free range properly (click here for instructions on how to do that).
- Guineas can fly but prefer to run. They can reach speed of up to 10 mph!
- A healthy flock of free ranging French Guineas CAN naturally reproduce.
- We ship out day old French Guineas every Wednesday all year long. Your order is mailed hours after they are hatched.
Things you should know: